Political Action Steering Committee
To provide consultation and advice in crafting and implementing the Association’s public policy agenda, including political financial support strategy and government relations grassroots advocacy.
To oversee and administer all forms of political financial activities for the AzBA. Including but not limited to the foregoing:
- Oversee the funding of the AzBA’s two Political Action Committees (PAC)
- Write and administer annual PAC campaigns.
- Promote campaigns at committee member’s institutions.
- Help promote the campaigns at other member banks.
- Oversee candidate support.
- Approve/reject candidate requests for PAC funds.
- Help our candidates with direct fundraising at their events in consultation with our partners at the American Bankers Association by –
- Serving on event host committees;
- Circulating candidates’ invitations to friends and colleagues;
- Circulating candidates’ on-line fundraising URL to friends and colleagues.
- Aid in the promotion of other forms of political financial activities for the banking industry inside and outside of Arizona, including –
- Independent expenditure campaigns;
- The ABA’s Financial Education and Advocacy Initiative (PEAi); and
- The State Bankers Associations’ Friends of Traditional Banking (FOTB).
Mike Thorell, Chair
Pinnacle Bank, President & CEO
Paul Hickman, Treasurer
Arizona Bankers Association, President & CEO
Theresa Kleinlein (Advisory)
Arizona Bankers Association, Director
Bill Ridenour (Advisory), AzBA General Counsel
Snell & Willmer, L.L.C.
Wendy Briggs (Advisory)
Jay Kaprosy (Advisory)
Enterprise Bank & Trust, President & CEO
Horizon Community Bank, President & CEO
1st Bank Yuma, President & CEO
National Bank of Arizona, Executive Vice President
FirstBank of Arizona, President
Alliance Bank of Arizona, CEO
Bank of Arizona, Chairman
Mohave State Bank, President & CEO
Bankers Trust, Market President
Janet Ryan (Alternate)
Mutual of Omaha Bank, Assistant General Counsel